For awhile now I have been hankering to write a celebration series of posts that build on one another. Today I am excited to introduce my first celebrate series focused on throwing a viewing party! I will walk you through my process, starting with my oscar party inspiration. Check back in the coming weeks on Friday to see invitations, diys, recipes, what I will wear, and more.
To be honest with you I have never been an Academy Awards kinda girl. They come and go some years without me noticing, but this year I am feeling inspired. A couple weeks ago we had a group of friends over to watch the 49ers game and I realized how much I miss hosting. It was also nice to have guests come to us now that we have our little man to think about. So I looked at the calendar and got excited when I saw the the Oscars were quickly approaching. Who doesn’t love watching red carpet arrivals, sipping champagne, and wearing sequins.
Big picture inspiration is about gold and glitter:
1. I love this card, gold + great envelope color and liner. Beautiful.
2. Great geometric diy garland.
3. Yum cheese plate. So good with champagne.
4. Clipboard menu. Cute for a buffet table.
5. Golden cake flags. Perfect for adding a little pizazz to sugary goodies.
6. Oscar Bingo. I’m not going to lie, finding this was a big part of what made me want to throw an Oscar party!
7. Glitter rimmed champagne flutes. So celebratory!
These are the looks that have caught my eye so far. I can’t wait to put my party plan into action.