In getting everything together for the little one’s party I thought of thank you cards. This is partly because I constantly strive, sometimes without success, to show appreciation for the love and support we receive from our family and friends. It is also because I know if I don’t have thank you cards before the party occurs, I won’t manage to write them after.
I was inspired by a stack of blank cards I had from a project I made ages ago and the Mini Squares from Print Studio. The Mini Squares were the perfect size for a stand-alone image on these sweet little cards. The great price and the fact that I already was putting in an order to Print Studio for my invites and some party decor sealed the deal. Done and done.
So I grabbed my camera, cut the flap off of a cardboard box, free-handed “Thank You” in block letters, and sat down to take a boat load of pictures. The cardboard was key. It doesn’t flop over and if all else fails you can just prop it next to your child.
- Cardboard and a Sharpie for your sign
- Mini Squares from Print Studio, $15 for 48 (and they don’t all have to be the same print!)
- 3D Foam Squares, $3.59 for 440 from Blick Art
- Strathmore Blank Cards and Envelopes, ivory with ivory deckle, $8.39 for 20 from Blick Art
- Create a sign on your cardboard and hand it to your baby in a part of your house with good light and little mess.
- Take lots of pictures.
- Send your photos to Print Studio to be printed. If you don’t need 48 thank you cards, grab a couple other prints for another project.
- Use adhesive squares to adhere print to blank card.
- Write. Send. Done.
So simple, so sweet, so fun to receive in the mail.