Not too long ago I returned for an escape to Arizona. My cousin and I traveled to a lovely resort by the name of Miraval. The whole adventure began when she found a screaming deal and posted about it on her blog. I commented that a trip filled with yoga, spa treatments, and hot sun was just what the good doctor ordered. Within a day we had booked a trip that helped me refocus on who I am and what I want.
Nothing could have prepared me for the lovely four day stay. Some of the highlights included: a fresh juice bar that created whatever type of juice you wanted on the spot with the giant industrial juicer, photography class with Nancy J. Schroeder who taught me to get my new camera off of automatic, time to reflect, and rediscovering meditation and yoga.
I came home calm, peaceful, and fearful that being back in the real world who make it challenging to maintain my new zen. So far, although it has been tricky at times, I’m doing a pretty good job of keeping the lessons I learned in mind.
Lessons Learned at Miraval:
1. I love yoga. I recently took a free yoga class in Golden Gate park and really enjoyed it. After doing yoga everyday in Arizona I was determined to keep up my yoga practice. So far it has been tricky, life can be very full, but I am working on incorporating it some how, some way…
2. Regular meditation helps keep my mind calm and clear. While on this trip I rediscovered meditation. I practiced with a woman named Mary Grace, who I felt very close to while I was there. I have managed to meditate regularly since I have been back. Meditation is a powerful tool for a clear mind.
3. Iced tea and infused water need to be within reach at all times. Everywhere you looked at Miraval there was something to help keep you hydrated. I didn’t have one headache the entire time I was there. Hydration = good. My favorite flavored waters were pineapple, cucumber, and watermelon. Yum.
4. Joy = stretching with a foam roller. I took at posture class where they taught us how to use foam rollers to stretch. It was the most amazing feeling ever and truly helped my posture. I plan on ordering a foam roller asap.
5. Juice is awesome. I discovered the joy of juice reading Whole Living Magazine, but my love was deepened even further while at Miraval. Delicious and nutritious.
Sharing such an incredible experience with my dear cuz made the trip even better. We had such a blast. Thanks for helping make this pipe dream a reality Kate!